Hollywood has a new workout plan that has you beating your pounds off. Sounds a bit strange? The new fad is to workout use three to eight pound drumsticks called Ripstix that test and workout your complete body. “This craze is cardio and strength training, and a music session all in one states,” Christina Peere boom. Using high intensity workouts and by implementing arm movements that drummers use can help with losing weight and training your entire body. In addition, this fitness program is fun, has nothing boring about it, and can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Using weighted drumsticks can help burn up to 800 calories. As you pound you move from twists and lunges, squats and bending all while waving a drumstick high above your head, next to your side, or near the ground.
- Take a simple pose and move from every angle possible. Use your arms to augment your body’s balance, burn more calories and tone the lower back and core. Be aggressive and don’t hold back. Beat the ground or the air with exaggerated movements and above all; have fun doing this new exercise program.
- The deep squat movement has you traveling down to the floor while maintaining a flat back and engaging your core. Squat a few inches above the floor, and hold this position for at least eight seconds. While squatting, drum as fast as you can on the ground all the time using your weighted drumsticks and repeat for this regimen at least eight times.
- The position called the rainbow move has you standing in a plié with your chest lifted. Bow to the right while pressing your butt and legs. Strike the ground by your right foot with your drumstick and move back to the middle. Shrike the air high overhead holed and repeat a bend to the left. Again squeeze your butt and legs and hold in your stomach. Do this at least eight times – alternating between left and right and do strike the ground or the air as you move. Strike vigorously and don’t hold back. Beat out your stress and anxiety.
- The kit position or twist involves sitting on the floor. Sink down into a boat pose with the legs squeezed tightly together. This is a Pilates or Yoga inspired pose so twist to both sides. Strike the ground on either side of you with your weighted drumsticks or Ripstix. Bend to the right; strike the ground. Bend to the left and vigorously strike the ground. Use your arms and beat from your core. Repeat for at least eight counts on either side.
After working the drumming workout, hydrate yourself with at least two eight ounce glass of cool water. You do need to keep highly hydrated while doing this program since it is very intense. Your heart rate should be at optimum levels while drumming and moving and you should be sweating. This program done at least three times a week can be highly successful. Oh, and of course use upbeat music as your medium.