Women who go through menopause wonder how to keep their weight off and stay fit. On one health and fitness website, one woman asked the question, “I am almost fifty years old and lost twenty-five pounds over a year ago. Menopause has started and now I am gaining back that lost twenty-five pounds. I used to be able to work out; but my time is now limited and it is hard to exercise daily. How do I keep the weight off during menopause?”
1. Hormones do change during menopause, but that is no reason to feel that you are going to be flabby and have body fat. When you do not take care of your body it ages over time. Eating poorly and living a fast lifestyle while you are young causes harsh corrosion processes in your cells as you age. The real reasons for additional weight is years of neglect and current poor practices.
2. Take care of your body by eating a healthy diet, exercising and living clean. You can regain your health and youthful figure.
3. Count calories and burn more than you eat. For example a pound is 3,500 calories and in to lose two pounds a week you need to burn 7,000 more calories than you eat. Set your calorie intake at 1,200 per day and eat as many raw, steamed or green vegetables as you desire.
4. Exercise and work out hard. Exercise will provide anti-aging and fat burning hormones. The harder you exercise the more you will lose. You are not fragile as you age; you have developed characteristics of mental strength to overcome struggles and obstacles. Be confident that you can work out hard. Sign up for exercise boot camps and use fitness routines such as kickboxing, yoga, and running.
5. Yoga poses that will help with menopause problems are inverted poses which stimulate your pituitary gland or the gland that controls sugar levels and body temperature fluctuations. Downward-facing dog is a basic yoga pose that reverses blood flow and helps the endocrine system produce hormones. When your invert your body, elimination of excess fluids and improved circulation are major benefits. Place your hands on the floor directly below your shoulders. Stand on your toes and raise your buttocks to the sky. Hang your head between your shoulders as low as you can. Hold this pose, breathe deeply, and feel the toxins beginning to release.
6. Avoid toxins in foods, water, cosmetics, and your every day cleaning products. Go totally natural when cleaning by using baking soda and or lemon water. Use olive oil as a natural moisturizer; stay away from face creams filled with chemicals. Avoid pesticides, preservatives and antibiotics in foods, drink pure spring water and eat organic.
Don’t be alarmed with the changes you need to make. If you are going through menopause now is a great time to reassess your life and go back to nature. Think about where you have been and where you want to go. Do not strangle your body with hormone replacement therapies that can cause cancers and autoimmune diseases. Organic foods, spring water and yoga poses will do more good than any chemical additive.